Our Mission and Culture
At GTM Sportswear, our mission is "To provide the ultimate experience by 'Making It Personal' for our customers and our team members."
At GTM, we call our employees "team members" because we promote a culture where "We know what it takes to be a team!"
We also put a priority on our core company values. It is very important for GTM and its team members to develop these values to guide our growth,
our brand, and our customer service strategies. Our values incorporate the team spirit through being a PLAYER,
working on the TEAM and WINNING!
Click here to see GTM's values.
GTM has a generous and competitive benefits package. We are in the Sports and Fitness business and strive to provide our team members with the support they need to take care of themselves and their families. Click here to see GTM's benefits.
- Demonstrates Courage
- Communicates Effectively
- Relates Well to Others
- Drives for Results
- Solves Problems
- Executes Effectively
GTM Sportswear started out over 25 years ago as a couple of guys traveling to fraternities and sororities around the country selling Greek apparel "on the spot", running their business out of a couple of vans. (Hence GTM stands for "Greek To Me.") Look at us now; we are an authority in the custom sportswear industry with an average annualized growth rate of 25% and we employ nearly 1,000 people! Check out GTM's timeline.
GTM Sportswear's headquarters are located in Manhattan, Kansas, known as "The Little Apple." Manhattan is the home to Kansas State University,
a Division I public university, providing a wealth of events, sports, activities and culture. Manhattan is also home to Manhattan Christian College and Manhattan Technical College.
Nearby Fort Riley, a United States Army installation and home to the "Big Red One" also brings life to our community.
Throughout the economic hardship of recent years, Manhattan has continued to grow and expand, adding 16% population growth since the census of 2000.
Manhattan is not only the fastest growing metro in Kansas, but Riley County is ranked among the top-20 counties in the nation for economic growth right now! Click here to see more stats.
Manhattan and the surrounding area is a great place to live. While there is plenty to do, it hasn't lost its small town feel and rural beauty.
Local communities such as Wamego and natural attractions like Tuttle Creek Lake and the Konza Prairie help maintain Manhattan's "urban-but-rural" aura.
Manhattan is home of the Flint Hills Discovery Center and is proud of their Sunset Zoo with events for the entire family.
Manhattan's public school district, Manhattan-Ogden USD 383, is an accredited district and serves approximately 6,500 students in the area.
Other schools in the area include the Riley County School District, and Flint Hills Christian School.
And there is nightlife. "Aggieville" is right next to campus, providing a wealth of entertainment and dining options.
The Downtown District has invested $50 million dollars in renovation and is attracting high end restaurants and additional entertainment venues.
Manhattan / Manhattan MSA Appearances on "Top" Lists of National Publications Since 2007
- # 1 Nationally -- Best Small Place (under 245,000 pop.) for Business and Careers (Forbes, 2011)
- # 5 "High Tech Hub" Metro (Business Facilities, 2011)
- Top Ten Best Cities for Job Growth in 2011 (Newgeography.com)
- One of "Seven Underrated Retirement Havens" (SmartMoney.com, 2011)
- # 2 Metro For Economic Growth Potential (Business Facilities, 2010)
- Manhattan, KS Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in top 1% nationally for fastest personal income growth (Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2010)
- One of 10 Great Places to Launch a Second Career in Retirement (U.S. News & World Report, 2010)
- "Manhattan -- Top Ten Metro Area in Per Capita Income Growth -- 2004 - 2008" (Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2009)
- "Riley County -- Least Economically Stressed County in the United States -- over 25,000 population" (Associated Press, 2009)